Thursday, 8 September 2016
We would like to remind everyone that we are taking bookings for this year's flu clinic which will take place on Saturday 1st October. Details of this year's clinic can be seen on our website here
You can book in two ways. If you are registered for our online services then you can book online using Patient Access (see here). If not, then please call our reception after 2pm and our reception staff will be happy to help.
Dr Mayo is retiring
As we announced in our previous email, Dr Mayo we be retiring at the end of September. She wishes all those patients for whom she has cared for over her time at the practice the very best for their future and hopes she may see some of you again as she locums at the practice from time to time.
Have your chance to say goodbye!
Dr Mayo will be attending the Flu Clinic on the Saturday 1st October and there will be tea and cakes and you will be able to bid her farewell and have an opportunity to say goodbye.
All are welcome to attend.
Saturday, 20 August 2016
Tuesday, 9 August 2016
** Book Your Flu Jab Now **
Saturday 1st October
Hythe Parish Hall
Hythe Parish Hall
Yes its that time of year again when we are taking bookings for the flu clinic. Details of this years influenza campaign are on our website here
If you are eligible for online appointments you can book online. If you aren't yet eligible for online appointments then read about our online services here
Thursday, 28 July 2016
Please complete our survey!
The pressures on the NHS and General Practice are currently greater than ever. A combination of increasing demand for urgent and same day care, fewer qualified GPs and locums, and the Government's plans for 8am to 8pm seven day a week General Practice are all contributing to the mounting pressures.
General Practices across Hampshire are looking at ways to work together to meet this demand.
Together with Better Local Care the GP practices in the Waterside area are looking at ways we can work together to meet these demands. It is clear that practices working alone will not be able to meet an 8am-8pm service seven days a week.
We are currently conducting a survey on opinions regarding new models of urgent and same day care. Click here to complete the survey which should take just a couple of minutes.
A copy the recent presentation about the future of General Practice given by Dr Sherwin at our PPG's Open Meeting in April is available to view here.
Sunday, 29 May 2016
Saturday 18th June - 3.30pm to 5.30pm
Waterfront & Solent Surgery
Have your chance to say goodbye to Dr Menin as he retires this month.
We are having an open afternoon with tea and cakes to celebrate a wonderful career as a GP, having spent 31 years serving the community of Hythe.
Everyone is welcome, but to help us manage numbers, please let the reception staff know if you plan to attend.
Friday, 22 April 2016
You will be aware of industrial action taking place by junior doctors from 8.00am to 5.00pm on Tuesday 26 April and again on Wednesday 27 April.
The following information will be helpful in public preparation for the industrial action.
- People should protect themselves by planning ahead and finding out in advance what to do if they need medical help, particularly those in vulnerable groups, such as the elderly, children and people with long-term conditions.
- Patients on regular medication should ensure that they have sufficient supplies and collect medicines in good time.
- If you need medical help or advice, choose the right service for your needs - NHS 111 and NHS Choices provide information on the range of healthcare services available.
- Call NHS 111 if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
- Visit a minor injuries unit or urgent care centre if you have a minor illness or injury (cuts, sprains or rashes) and it can’t wait until your GP surgery is open.
- Your local pharmacist can give you advice on many common minor illnesses.
- Make an appointment with your GP if you are feeling unwell and it is not an emergency.
- Only call 999 if someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.